Cannabidiol or CBD is very popular in the cannabis community. The main reason why many cannabis consumers use CBD products is because of its medical effects. With ongoing researches being conducted on CBD, we are learning more about this cannabinoid, and its users are increasing.
CBD concentrates are catching up with the trend in the cannabis community. Consumers are looking for the best CBD strains, so they get to experience its effects. It can be made to concentrates, so it is easier to consume or can be smoked traditionally.
What is CBD?
Just a little review; if you are an experienced cannabis consumer, then you are already familiar with this cannabinoid, but beginners are wondering about the effects and benefits of this cannabinoid. Cannabidiol or CBD is one of the most prominent cannabinoids in a cannabis plant alongside delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. Unlike THC, CBD has no psychoactive properties that can give the “high” that we look for when consuming cannabis.
CBD is mainly responsible for the medicinal effects, and according to recent researches, it counteracts the effects of THC. CBD does not mess up with the brain’s chemistry, so you won’t be able to experience the psychedelic and euphoric high.
CBD affects the body in many ways, and it varies depending on the body’s composition and chemical reaction. Some describe the effect as “awakening” and “energetic,” while others experience a sense of relaxation and calmness.
10 Best CBD Strains
Now that any cannabis consumers are clamoring about CBD and would like to purchase CBD products, others are very much curious about which among the many strains are CBD rich. For whatever reasons, consumers would like to know what are the best CBD strains. If you are interested, read on this article to know the 10 best CBD strains.
- Cannatonic – This is a famous and award-winning strain which has a high CBD content. Cannatonic is a balanced hybrid as it is comprised of 50% Sativa and 50% Indica. Cannatonic is a cross between NYCD and Reina Madre. This CBD rich strain has a lot of medicinal benefits.
- Candida – or CD-1 is a cross between two famous strains, Harlequin and ACDC. This strain has a very high percentage of CBD and low THC percentage. This strain is primarily used in the cannabis medical community as an aid to treat many medical conditions. Clinical studies showed that Candida could produce CBD levels between 10 to 20 %. And low levels of THC percent ranging from 0.3 and 0.9 percent.
- CBD Therapy – as the name suggests, there is no doubt that this strain boasts a high CBD content and low THC. This strain has an amazing THC: CBD ratio of 1:20, and it is the first strain to have such a ratio. CBD Therapy contains 10% CBD and .5 % THC. CBD Therapy is very popular, especially for those who are developing CBD concentrates like isolates, oil, and tinctures.
- CBD Chronic – is a hybrid that is the product of crossing Chronic and Remedy cannabis strains. This strain has an almost perfect ratio of 1: 1 with THC percentage at 5.1 % and CBD just a little higher at 5.8 %. This combination can bring about great medical effects. The effects are calming and relaxing.
- S.A.G.E CBD – this strain is comprised of 9.54% THC and 9.37% CBD which gives an almost 1:1 THC: CBD ratio. S.A.G.E CBD is a primary cannabis strain in the medical community. This strain is one of a kind with its well balanced 10% THC and 10% CBD giving it a 1:1 THC: CBD ratio. S.A.G.E CBD is also one of the fastest-growing strain.
- Juanita La Lagrimosa – This is a Sativa-dominant cannabis strain that is produced by crossing Reina Madre and Mexico/afghana. This strain is also primarily used to help treat a variety of medical conditions. It contains 6.7% THC and 8.8% CBD
- OG Kush – OG Kush is a Sativa-leaning strain made up of 60% Sativa and 40 Indica. It is an ideal medicinal strain with a THC: CBD ratio 1:1 with flowers containing both 10% of CBD and THC. Used this strain as concentrates, and you will be able to experience the strong effects of CBD.
- CBD Compassion – another Sativa-dominant strain, CBD compassion has a THC: CBD ratio of 1:1. It contains about 8% of both cannabinoids. CBD Compassion offers cannabis consumers a functioning and relaxing high perfect for those who want to chill after a hard day at work.
- Royal Magic – this strain is 75% Sativa and 25% Indica. Royal Magic is a cross between Juanita and Critical and contains a perfect 1:1 THC: CBD ratio. It is composed of 10% of THC and CBD. The effects of Royal Magic provide great medical relief, and the THC allows the consumer to experience clear-headedness and energetic high. The high is manageable that it will enable you to be completely functional and go about your tasks.
- Critical Mass – this is an Indica dominant strain that is made up of 80% Indica and 20% Sativa. The THC: CBD ratio is a perfect 1:1. This strain contains about 5% of THC and CBD. Critical Mass will let you experience a gentle high that retreats to comfortable relaxation. This strain is a heavy yielder, that is why it is also very popular with cannabis cultivators as well.
Take note that any CBD rich strains will not be able to give you the high that you may want to experience. THC is responsible for the psychedelic high. If you are looking for therapeutic relief, then these CBD rich strains can help you.
The best CBD strains will let you experience CBD effects and enjoy its benefits. They are often primarily used in the medical community as an aid in the treatment of various medical conditions. CBD seeds are also the source of CBD concentrates that are now being enjoyed by many.