Reach the space and get soaring high with the help of cannabis plants. From the simple herb you used to enjoy smoking or inhaling, here comes another recipe you’ll surely love, too. This easy to follow space Cake Recipe is for you and all cannabis enthusiasts looking for a fresh new way of savoring the high from cannabis. Certainly, cannabis or marijuana could be anything you want it to be through the creative minds of its users.
Aside from simply having a cannabis smoking session, a lot of cannabis products are coming out in the market and have become favorites. Novice cannabis enthusiasts and non-smokers find these products very delightful because they present a different way of enjoying the infamous green herb.
Some of the most famous cannabis products can be categorized into food and beverages. Here is a list of some of them.
Some of them are homemade while some are bought in the market for cannabis lovers to try and indulge in a non-smoking cannabis experience.
How to Make Weed Space Cakes
Similar to any baked or pastry products, the first and main ingredient needed would be the butter. It gives your product more taste and becomes fuller, too. In making a delicious space cake, the butter we will need is a cannabutter or cannabis-infused margarine which is specially made from cannabis extract. Cannabutter can be homemade and so here is a recipe on how to make a simple version of your own.
Firstly, you have to gather all the important ingredients for the recipe. It includes decarboxylated cannabis buds, water, butter stick, saucepan with cover, cheesecloth, spoon, and glass bowl.
Step 1: Place the water in a container and let it boil. Afterward, add the butter which should be melted completely.
Step 2: Add the cannabis to the mixture and cover the container to leave and simmer. While the mixture is boiling, stir it after every 20 to 30 minutes within 3 to 4 hours.
Step 3: Once the mixture’s top already turns glossy and thick, it means that the preparation is finished already.
Step 4: Put two layers of cheesecloth on top of the container and pour in the mixture. This way, you can let the liquid content of the mixture to be separated from the butter.
Step 5: Leave the liquid to cool down at room temperature. After it’s already cold enough, put the bowl inside the refrigerator and wait until they are both separated properly, producing a thick layer on top.
Step 6: Scrape and remove the top layer which has been separated from the mixture and keep it in the fridge for immediate use. However, for those that are meant to be kept for later use, you can so store it a vacuum-sealed jar and kept inside the freezer.
Enjoy your cannabutter in small dosages for all kinds of edibles, food, and beverages for 6 months. However, the quality of the high you get depends mostly also on the cannabis strain, potency, and the dosage that you will use.
Once you are ready with the cannabis-infused butter that you will use, it’s now time to get your ingredients and equipment ready for the actual Space Cake making. So, here are the lists of what you will need.
– Cannabis buds of preferred amount/dosage
– Cannabutter or any alternative butter
– Cocoa powder or, if making a vanilla-flavored type, use flour and vanilla extract instead
– Parchment paper
– Cheesecloth or another filter
– Digital scale
– Large mixing bowl
– 9×9 baking pan
– Measuring spoons and cups
– Baking sheet
– Glass container with a cover
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS
– Pumpkin spice mix
– Chocolate Chips
– Ground candy
– Lemon Extract
– Peppermint extract
– Orange extract
- Prepare your oven by preheating it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius. Put some flour and grease to the baking pan or put cupcake papers inside. Then, melt the cannabutter using a saucepan or microwave.
- Manually mix all the ingredients in a large bowl or use an automatic mixer. Continue mixing until all ingredients are smoothly blended. You can already add any of the additional ingredients that you like at this point.
- Put the batter into the baking pan. However, if you want to make cupcakes, using measuring tools like a measuring cup will help in preparing an equal amount in each serving.
- Bake the cakes within 15 minutes in your oven. If you used a 9×9 baking pan, the baking time should be 20 minutes. To check if the cakes are done getting cooked, use a toothpick straight into the center of the cake. If there is nothing attached to the toothpick like most ingredients, then it’s finished. But if not, continue for another 3 minutes before removing the cake from the oven.
- Leave the cupcakes to cool down after being removed from the oven. It may take 15 minutes and they shall be ready. When they’re all cooled down, you can already cut and serve the cake to your family or friends.
Cannabis Strains that are Best for Space Cake Making
While there are lots of cannabis varieties to choose from, only four of them could be great ingredients when it comes to baking the most delicious space cakes. These strains have the best flavors and effects if combined with other ingredients.
- Lemon Haze – the offspring of the united Lemon Skunk and Amnesia Haze strains. It has a 21% THC level that will surely make a great impact on your space cake’s flavor and appeal. It has 25% Indica and 75% Sativa, too, which may add more to its effect. This cannabis strain has the scent of some fresh lemons and a tinge of citrusy delicacy. Getting ready for a long day at work is perfect with the help of this cannabis strain which brings your mind into a highly creative and active mode. It helps increase your focus and mood while at work so you can stay productive, too. Lemon Haze is also easy to grow so you can have your plant source at home whenever you like to make this recipe.
- Purple Queen – combining the genes of two powerhouse strains the Hindu Kush and Purple Afghani gave life to this bud variety with 22% THC level. As its name would indicate, this plant possesses some beautiful purple buds and flowers. Adding this to your space cake will give it a fruity, flavorful appeal. It is a relaxing and euphoric to the feeling which becomes full-body after a few minutes. In just 7 to 8 weeks, growing this bud shall be completed easily and conveniently.
- Royal Cookies – containing 23% THC and 80% Indica-dominant genetics from the parent strain backcrossed to itself which is the Cookies Forum. You can grow this and have a successful harvest after 8 to 9 weeks only to get 450 to 500 grams per plant outdoors. Baking a space cake with this cannabis strain will turn out tasty being sweet and sugary in flavor. Upon intake, cannabis lovers will automatically feel highly stoned and numb, but euphoric and relaxed as well.
Space Cake Recipe Tips
For beginners, this recipe may be a bit of a challenge to perfectly make this delicious space cake. However, with strictly following the steps and applying some of the important tips we’ve included below, you should be fine and your cakes shall be as tasty, too.
Tip #1: Dose appropriately. Consider the amount that you can take from the bud strain that you’ve chosen. Although it takes a lot longer for the high to kick in if consumed through smoking, it is always recommended that you start at small dosages and wait for the high effect to set in before adding more. To effectively calculate the amount contained in one serving, you may simply multiply the weight of the serving with the percentage of THC then divide the answer to the number of servings per round. If you are not very used to this kind of food and THC itself, then you may add less amount of cannabis in your cannabutter.
Tip #2: Store the cake leftovers inside a vacuum-sealed jar and keep them in your fridge for later consumption. You can stock it there for up to 1 month, too. The jar has to be labeled properly so as not to be mistaken for anything else. Keep it away from the reach of your pets and kids as well.
Tip #3: Try easier to prepare space cakes. There are available cakes mixes in the market that you may want to try when you bake a space cake. But, be sure to buy one that includes butter or oil in the recipe. Make your cannabutter at home and always be ready to make more space cakes on your own.
Do anything you like with cannabis and all of them will be just as desirable as when you use it for food. Following this simple but efficient space cake recipe will surely delight your whole family and you’ll have no more reason to hate marijuana. It can be a sweet treat to your visitors and friends or just enjoy it alone.