Pot brownies have been a staple source of weed for both college students and homeowners. It’s a secret dessert that has been baked for a couple of decades and remains one of the most enjoyable ways to consume weed. Much like smoking weed, pot brownies have different recipes and comes in different flavors; hence the versatility involved in making one remains a skill that needs to be practiced. If you find yourself miles away from your nearest dispensary, the best way to enjoy weed is to make and bake one yourself.
Important Reminders For Making Pot Brownies
Hold on for a minute. Before you start baking your pot brownies, you need to understand first what decarboxylation is and what it does to weed and your body. Every strain of cannabis must undergo this process so it can be activated. Activated weed ensures that all the substances that get you high are intact and effective when you ingest it.
Weed undergoes a process called decarboxylation, where it is exposed to a certain range of temperatures. This way, it activates the substances called cannabinoids and helps you get high. If the buds do not undergo such a process, all you’re doing is just adding a bunch of plant material to your brownie mix.
Another important reminder before you start baking your pot brownies is to know how much weed is needed. Do realize that ingested cannabis takes effect rather than late than when it is being inhaled. Smoking weed goes directly into your lungs and bloodstream; hence it takes effect after a few minutes. Eating weed, together with other food sources, takes time. It can take as long as an hour before you start feeling the effects.
Sometimes, you might think that the effects are taking too long, so you start eating more pot brownies. In the end, you get agitated and overwhelmed with how much you’ve eaten. Pace yourself properly when eating pot brownies and save yourself from the hassle of a bad trip.
Make sure that the type of weed you are using is organic and fresh. Organically grown cannabis tends to be free from pesticides and is grown naturally, thus giving a more natural flavor, aroma, and freshness to your herb. Apart from that, it also does not produce any foul smell and taste, which could lead to an awful tasting pot brownies. A fresh batch of weed should be fresh and moist. It should have a strong and potent aroma with rich earthy flavors depending on the type of weed you want to use.
Guide To Making Pot Brownies
This guide will help you make the best pot brownies. First, you will need to make sure that your baking area is well-ventilated. You do not want the smell of cannabis to linger inside your kitchen for too long. Making pot brownies from scratch can be fun when doing it together with friends or family, but you also do not want to make it more tedious by having to deal with an awful pungent smell inside your kitchen. Once you are ready, gather the following ingredients:
- Your favorite strain of cannabis
- Unsalted butter
- Dark chocolate
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Baking tray
- Baking sheet.
- Preheat your oven first up to 240 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure that it stays within this temperature. Ground your cannabis finely and spread it in the baking sheet and into the baking tray.
- Bake your cannabis for over 30 to 35 minutes. Closely check the weed every 10 minutes. Once done, set it aside to cool.
- Using your saucepan, melt the unsalted butter through low heat. The butter should slowly melt after a few minutes then add your baked cannabis. Lower the heat further and let it simmer for the next 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Use the cheesecloth to strain the plant material from your butter mixture and collect the cannabutter into a bowl. Squeeze the remaining butter from the cheesecloth and toss away the used cannabis.
- Preheat the oven again, but this time, take it up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease your baking tray.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave or the saucepan and add the cannabutter into the mixture. Mix well until it is thoroughly incorporated together. Add sugar, vanilla extract, and salt and mix again. Once the consistency of the chocolate mix thickens, remove from heat and let it cool for a while.
- Add three eggs one at a time as you mix the chocolate cannabutter mixture. Add flour and baking powder while still mixing the chocolate until it is fully integrated or until there are no more lumps in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Let it cool down for a while and cut it into pieces. If you still have dark chocolate and cannabutter left, mix them with sugar until it thickens. Add it on top of your pot brownies as your chocolate icing.
- Serve them warm to fully indulge in the chocolate goodness of pot brownies. This will also let your guests smell and taste the fresh aroma and flavor of your brownies.
- Store a few of them in a container and put them in the refrigerator. Make sure to mark them properly to avoid others from using your pot brownies.
When it comes to making pot brownies, the ultimate guideline is very simple. Get to know the right dosage. This important factor should never be left unchecked as overdosing is common when consuming pot brownies. You would never want to eat a strong and potent brownie that can be overwhelming. Save yourself from experiencing a bad trip by limit adding weed into your cannabis edible first and see how it goes. If it is not enough, you can always bake a new batch and add more to get the extra kick that you need for your pot brownies.