THC pills are well-known for their convenience in providing consumers with cannabinoids in the most discreet way. However, due to the constant and high demand for this manufactured cannabis product, a lot of consumers always run out of supplies. Not to mention the added taxes that you have to pay when you buy at a dispensary that is why many consumers are learning how to make thc pills in their home.
However, what are THC pills by the way? For those who are only used to smoking cannabis, there are THC pills. These are capsules that are filled with your preferred cannabis product that is combined with a particular cannabis concentrate or oil. Instead of smoking cannabis, all you need to do is to pop a pill in the most convenient way to get high and happy.
THC pills are processed so that non-smokers can enjoy cannabis. Also, it contains extracts from ground cannabis along with THC concentrate or oil. It has the botanical extracts of cannabis which makes it potent and effective.
One of the most popular variants of THC pills, the Dronabinol and Nabilone are made from synthetic compounds that mimic the natural effects of cannabinoids. Even though both Dronabinol and Nabilone are developed to mimic the effects of cannabinoids and are not made naturally with cannabis, ironically, this is made legal by the federal government and even the FDA regulates this.
These synthetic THC pills are currently used by people who have a condition called chemotherapy-induced nausea. Despite all of these, the synthetic THC pills do not contain the effects of the natural compounds that you can only naturally benefit from a cannabis plant. It also contains many side effects which makes it not suitable for everyone.
With that in mind, maybe it is time for you to learn how to make THC pills at the very comfort of your home so that you will only consume nothing but the purest and natural cannabinoid without any harmful effects.
Not to take this long, here is the step-by-step guide about how to make thc pills at home.
Things you need
- ½ ounce of your preferred cannabis strain
- Soy Lecithin
- Gelatin Capsules (00 sizes)
- Coconut oil (preferably organic)
- Eyedropper or small syringe
- Cooking pot (2 pieces)
- Glass bowl (small and big sizes)
- Cheesecloth with rubber bands
- Parchment paper
- Capsule filling machine (optional, but this is preferred for the easier process)
- Baking tray
- Preheat your oven until it reaches 220-degrees Fahrenheit. After that, line up your baking tray with a parchment paper.
- As you are waiting for your oven to reach the desired temperature, start grinding your preferred cannabis strain’s flower using your grinder and evenly spread it on the parchment paper that is applied on the baking tray.
- After preheating your oven, put your ground cannabis on your baking tray inside the oven and bake it for 45 minutes. Also, make sure that your oven’s temperature won’t go up above 250-degree Fahrenheit as this will just burn the cannabis and strip it off of its quality (do not turn off the
- After baking the ground cannabis, start using your cooking pot and heat it to boil the soy lecithin and the coconut oil. Remember to use separate cooking pots in boiling these two ingredients.
- When you’re done boiling the soy lecithin and the coconut oil, proceed in combining the ground cannabis along with the two ingredients. To do this, all you need is to fill up your cooking pot with ¾ cups of water and boil it after.
- Next, combine your coconut oil and soy lecithin using your glass bowl and place this on top of the boiling water. This will heat the mixture above the boiling water. Once these ingredients are completely mixed, you can now add your ground cannabis and mix it thoroughly.
- Now, take the glass bowl out from the boiling water. Use the water and place it on your large cooking pot. After that, pour your mixture of soy lecithin, coconut oil, and cannabis into the large cooking pot and place it inside your oven for another 45 minutes. Also, stir it from time to time to prevent it from getting too thick.
- After heating it, put it aside. Next, use your strainer or your cheesecloth and place it on the mouth of your glass bowl. Start straining the mixture to get rid of the ground cannabis flower. Once your strainer is filled up with the ground cannabis flower, don’t forget to squeeze every last drop of oil from it.
- Let the mixture cool down until it is safe enough to fill your capsules without melting it. However, be sure that the mixture is not too cool because it will just be coagulated.
- As you wait for the mixture to cool down, you have to start preparing your capsules by removing its top off and arrange them neatly. If you have your capsule filling machine, you can skip this part and proceed to the packaging guide.
- If your mixture is already cooled down enough, start filling your eyedropper or syringe until it fills the half of the capsule. After that close the capsule properly so that it won’t spill. Continue this process until you filled all of your capsules. This set of ingredients can fill up to 50 to 60 capsules and you can go beyond this number according to your needs.
- Congratulations! You have succeeded in making your THC capsule!
Why is making your THC capsules at home better?
This recipe and process is very ideal for people who have no access to medical cannabis products or dispensaries near them. This is very helpful not just for recreation purposes, but also for therapeutic purposes especially if you have a condition that requires medical cannabis treatment. Ingesting cannabis through capsules is a very good option for those who are seeking the therapeutic benefits of cannabis especially those that are trying to avoid compromising their health by eating cannabis edibles that can be too sweet or too fatty.
What are the effects of ingesting THC pills?
There are opposing opinions when it comes to accepting the psychoactive effects of THC in the United States, however, there have been recent studies that found out that the role of cannabinoids in cannabis is proven to be important in terms of its medical efficacy.
The authors of this research and study have concluded that even though there is conventional wisdom about the differences between CBD and THC, however, the latter can be as important as the former in terms of providing medical benefits to those who use it. They also found out that CBD has slightly minor medical effects compared to THC which is potent in relieving the symptoms of various conditions.
There are a lot of scientific reasons behind the efficacy of THC therapeutically mainly because of its psychoactive effects that instantly alleviate the symptoms of various conditions, while CBD is known also to alleviate discomfort, but in a very different way.
If you consume THC pills, you can experience different therapeutic benefits two hours after you ingested it.
- A relaxed state of mind and body
- Lower social reticence
- Pain relief
- Enhanced mood
- Improved appetite
Before you get too excited though, THC also contains adverse effects especially if you overconsume it. Overdosing on THC will likely bring you harm than therapeutic benefits. To learn what these adverse effects check out our list below:
- Increased heart rate
However, these adverse effects can easily be avoided especially if you do not overconsume THC pills. The recommended dosage is about 10-milligrams of THC. You have to wait for at least two hours after you consume another pill to prevent yourself from overdosing. You can gradually increase your dosage or scale down depending on how you assess the initial effects. If it is too strong or potent for you, just scale down with your THC pills the next time you consume a capsule. If you’re looking to get high or you want to get instant relief from the discomfort you can gradually dose up.
What are the benefits of THC Pills?
There are tons of benefits that you can reap from consuming THC pills instead of smoking it. To learn all of these, check out our detailed list below:
- Highly discreet- If you are not a fan of smoking weed, pills will do the trick. You are free from the skunky smell of weed which is not entirely appealing for some especially if you intend to benefit from the therapeutic effects of cannabis.
- Convenient- Aside from being very subtle, THC pills are just very convenient, like taking your daily vitamins or supplements. If you are smoking weed, you have to get a lighter, or a blowtorch, a bong, an atomizer for your vaporizer, or a rolling paper so that you can enjoy it. It just requires a lot of hassle. This is a very important consideration especially for young children who are not just simply allowed to smoke weed. THC pills will help them effectively without harming them. However, it is not advisable for parents to make their THC pills at home since they are not fully aware of the proper dosage and types of strains appropriate for their condition.
- Calorie-free- THC pills are simply cannabis in medicine form just like popping an aspirin every time you are not feeling well. Unlike other edibles where it’s made in the form of a sweet treat. For health-conscious cannabis consumers, THC pills are their best option if they are trying to avoid consuming sweet treats from edibles that contain empty calories.
- No respiratory hazards- Smoking, in general, is very dangerous to your health regardless if you are smoking cannabis. Doctors have already reminded us that smoking can lead to a lot of health problems that is why the best alternative is to ingest it either through edibles or through THC pills. THC pills are digested and absorbed in our system which entirely avoids us the risk of developing any respiratory diseases or problems. Cannabis smokers usually deal with respiratory illnesses which include coughing, excessive mucous production, and wheezing that can complicate to more serious conditions likely developing lung cancer. This is even sound ironic knowing that cannabis serves as a brochilador which is known as a treatment for asthma.
- More potent than smoking- Cannabinoids if ingested can give you a more potent high compared to inhaling it. The reason behind this is that ingesting cannabis is further enhanced its bioavailability compared to inhaling it since it is not combusted or burnt which incinerates the potency from cannabinoids and its terpenes. Also, the THC metabolite is well-processed through digestion making it easier for our body to absorb it, thus the effects are always potent and long-lasting.
What are the drawbacks of consuming THC pills?
- Prone to abuse and overdosing- THC can easily trigger its adverse effects especially if people tend to overconsume it. This will have consequences in the long run because the adverse effects can stay on permanently. Since THC pills are already potent, people want to ingest it twice the amount of normal consumption. This is considered as one of the worst drawbacks of ingesting cannabis considering that the proper dosage of THC pills especially the ones that are made at home is not determined accurately. In smoking cannabis, you can stop taking hits if you feel overwhelmed, however, once you swallowed the THC pill, you have little chance of altering its effects unless you vomit it completely.
- It takes time to get high- Also, it takes about an hour or two before you feel the psychoactive effects of ingesting cannabis instead of smoking. It has always delayed-onset effects. Inhaling the smoke from cannabis instantly provides the high that the consumer wants since the smoke can easily enter the lungs and into our bloodstream.
THC pills no doubt provide you a lot of benefits, however, it also comes with its drawbacks that you have to be aware of. Making THC pills in your home is completely convenient, however, expert advice is utterly important. Other than that, enjoy everything about cannabis.