The use of CBD oil is gaining steam as an alternative option for a myriad of ailments and even works as a supplement with various health benefits. Luckily CBD oils can be made at home, and if you don’t know, then lucky for you, you’ll be learning the necessary steps on how to Make CBD oil like a pro!
Although knowing how to make CBD oil sounds like a mad scientist’s experiment, you’ll only need a few materials and a safe place to work with. So, to learn more about making CBD oil, read down below. But before you read the necessary steps, it is crucial to know how CBD works!
What is CBD oil?
CBD or Cannabidiol is a naturally-occurring compound found in the Cannabis sativa plant. CBD oil is one of only hundreds of cannabinoids found in a hemp or marijuana plant. CBD oils are products that went through different kinds of extraction to obtain the purest forms CBD with the help of a solvent and infused with carrier oils such as hemp seed oil or olive oil for human consumption.
How does CBD oil work?
How CBD works in our body binds itself with various receptors in your body, such as the brain and immune system. CBD interacts with your endocannabinoid system to regulate bodily functions at an optimum level. By binding themselves with various receptors, they influence the activity of the body. CBD oils utilize these, and they are excellent when it comes to managing pain, treatment of seizures, anxiety, and depression.
CBD is also an excellent treatment for muscle spasticity, psychosis, and other neurodegenerative diseases. Your body’s endocannabinoid system or ECS is responsible for the physiological and physical effects of cannabis in your body, including mood, metabolism, appetite, immune function, neural development, cardiovascular function, temperature, digestion, reproduction, and many more. Aside from all of these, your endocannabinoid system is also responsible for fighting ailments in the body.
The CBD’s ability to influence and regulate your endocannabinoid system makes them an effective and efficient remedy for numerous health concerns. As more scientific studies are concluding the health benefits of CBD oils, the possibility of this type of compound found in marijuana as a therapeutic alternative is continuously evolving.
Why Should you use CBD oil?
In addition to CBD’s various potential health benefits, CBD Oil supplements also work by providing the body with some of the missing oils from your daily nutritional intake. This can include omega fats, flavonoids, vitamins, minerals, and even vital terpenes and proteins.
Since CBD oils don’t have THC or have THC but in lower concentrations, using CBD oils won’t get you psychoactive.
Different Ways on How to Make CBD Oil
Now that you’ve understood what CBD is and how it works in your endocannabinoid system, you’ll soon be learning the ways on how to make CBD oil.
The Oil Method
Learning the oil method when planning to make CBD oil is the safest way you go about this. This method uses carrier oils such as olive oils or coconut oil, and because the technique is safe, this type of procedure is gaining popularity among cannabis users.
Before you get started, the quality of weed you’re having will dictate the overall quality of your CBD oil. This is why you should get your weed from a highly-reputable cannabis retailer.
- Before starting your very first cannabis oil, choose stems, buds, and flowers from a high-quality cannabis plant. However, before you start, ensure that your cannabis materials went through the decarboxylation process. Decarboxylation is a process you need to make to activate the compounds found in cannabis. In doing so, get your cannabis materials, bake them in the oven for around 40 to 60 minutes at 220°F. Once done, your cannabis materials have already activated compounds; this means you get the plant materials’ benefits.
- Get an empty jar, place your weed and your carrier oil of choice, and mix them thoroughly. The quantity of oil is dependent on how potent you want your final product to be. Infusing the weed with the oil is essential!
- When you’ve thoroughly mixed them, get the mixture and bring them to a boil. Keep the cover entirely secure to avoid leaking of steam or water entering from the outside.
- Before boiling your jar with the mixture, place a towel at the bottom of the pan. Place your jar containing the mixture and fill the cooking pan with water. Monitor the temperature until it reaches at least 200 degrees
- Check the water in the pot every now and then to ensure that the water hasn’t evaporated. Turn off the heat and let the mixture simmer for around three hours. After simmering down for three hours, let it cool down for three more hours at room temperature.
- Once done, it is highly recommended to do the same process again. Heat the mixture again for three hours, let it simmer for three more hours, and let the mixture rest for the remainder of the night.
- By morning, your CBD oil should be ready to use. Proceed by running the mixture through a strainer and down to an empty new jar. Store.
The Alcohol Method
This method is also known as the ethanol method. One of the advantage when it comes to this type of method is it does not require any expertise or any advanced equipment, thus making an excellent case for beginners
The solvent used in this extraction method is Alcohol; it is a preferred solvent because it doesn’t leave an unpleasant taste or distinct odor compared to other agents.
- Place your cannabis materials on an empty glass bowl or container and cover it up with Alcohol. Continuously stir the mixture for 7 to 10 minutes. After mixing, use a wooden spatula or spoon to extract the resin produced by continually stirring.
- Place a strainer on top of the bowl or container; this is to filter out the solvent. Squash out as much extract as possible. If you think that there’s still plenty of oil to be extracted, repeat the squeezing process.
- Get a double boiler, and pour your extracted oil onto it, and heat the oil until bubbles are forming. This method aims to evaporate every ounce of Alcohol without increasing the temperature. Simmer down the oil for about thirty minutes on the lowest heat. You’ll know once Alcohol is evaporated from the oil when it stops bubbling. Once the bubble stops forming, let it cool down.
- Once cooled, pour your extract into an empty container, and secure it with a tight lid, and store.
Regardless of which type of method you choose to make CBD oil, these methods are tested and proven to be safe, even for beginners.
Learning how to make CBD oil at home is the best thing you could do for yourself and well-being. These methods listed above are safe and proven. So, be sure to buy some containers as you will inevitably indulge in making tons of these!
As you get to enjoy all the benefits and positive impact of CBD oil in your body, don’t forget to ask your doctor if you’re having specific medication as it may have different reactions to your body. More so, as more countries and states legalize the use of cannabis in various forms, people will now benefit tons of it, especially for less fortunate people.
Get and grow your own cannabis at CBD seeds.