If you want to master the art of dabbing, then you must also master the technicalities on its content and composition, as well as how dabs are being manufactured. This will ensure that your safety and health is always a top priority. The reason why you need to know how to make dabs is to gain more knowledge about it; also, it will save you a lot of time and money. Not only that, but you will also know what causes what.
Dabs are well known to provide the immediate kick or the immediate effects of cannabis due to its high concentration and high potency levels. According to some tests, dabs are 91% more potent and effective than traditional cannabis forms.
Brief Background of Dabs
If this is the first time you encounter the term “dab,” then we will try our best to impart knowledge and also some techniques on how to make them on your own and at home. Dabs are concentrated cannabis that is derived from the plant’s natural ingredients, which are THC, CBDA, CBD, Terpenes, and other cannabinoids that are still being identified through research and studies. Dabs can be produced in different methods using different mediums. Some types of dabs are as follows:
One of the main arguments when it comes to dab is about safety. Are dabs risky? There is still no concrete research as well as evidence that these dabs pose a potential risk in the user’s safety. There are still no findings that there is a significant harmful effect on the brains, lungs, and body by using dabs. So for now, dabs are safe, but we cannot be so sure.
How to make homemade dabs
If you fear for your safety as well as being critical about the quality of the dabs that you are using, you can make your formula based on your preference and taste. Also, by producing your dab, you can be entitled to an 85 to 92% concentration of THC along with other cannabis compounds. Since you are making your product, you will have the excitement of trying out something newer and stronger. Plus, it is very easy to make!
To be specific, dabs are made out of resin concentrates that have been extracted from the cannabis plant. All of the types of dabs came only from this and nothing else. Do not believe anyone that says otherwise, because you might end up using dangerous synthetics.
THC Wax Using Hair Straightener
This is the safest method that you can use, it is not messy, and there are smoke or other liquids involved that can cause catastrophic fires and explosions. The instructions and the materials that you will be needed are listed below.
Things you need:
- Wax paper, baking sheet or parchment paper
- Blade or scissor
- A professional hair straightener, with digital temperature monitor
- Kitchen scale
- Oven gloves
- Herb grinder
- Cannabis flower
- Finely grind the cannabis strain that you prefer. You may start with 3 to 4 grams.
- Preheat your straightener to 120 to 150 degrees celsius.
- Using the baking sheet or parchment paper, make a sandwich by placing the ground cannabis plant in the middle, make sure that it is secured in the middle.
- Squeeze the parchment paper with the hair straightener, make sure that no cannabis flower touches the straightener directly, which is why you need a thicker parchment paper. Do this for six seconds until you hear a crackling sound.
- Once you have done step four, you can unsqueeze your hair straightener, and you will be shocked that a resin spot is already stuck on the baking sheet, move the cannabis flower to another part of the sheet and repeat the process. Apply the same temperature and also the same tension as you squeeze. This will give you a large number of resin spots
- Keep doing the previous process until there is nothing left to extract from that cannabis flower.
- The last step is the fun step, using the blade, scraping off the resin from the baking sheet, and collecting it altogether. And voila! You already produced your first dab!
This is a very simple technique that you can perform over and over again without worrying about inhaling harmful fumes from chemical extractions, which can also be a source of attention for authorities. The same extraction principle applies when you use the iron for clothes; the advantage of this is it can cover a lot of surface area. This will allow you to produce more dabs.
Dabs out of Alcohol
In this part of the article, you will be able to know how to produce dabs using alcohol without the dangers that carbon dioxide and butane extraction can potentially have.
Things you need:
- Freezer bag or canister
- Kitchen sieve
- Regular coffee filter
- Regular ceramic or glass bowl
- Salon or regular hair blow dryer
- Cannabis flower
- 90% isopropyl alcohol
- Finely grind your cannabis flower.
- Dehydrate your cannabis plant by placing them evenly in a baking tray then pop them in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes at 125 t0 150 degrees.
- Place your bottle of alcohol as well as your dehydrated cannabis plant in the freezer to reach an optimal temperature. Make sure your alcohol bottle is laid flat as well as evenly spread cannabis flowers.
- Once both the alcohol and cannabis plants are ready, you may remove it from the fridge. Pour the ice-cold alcohol to the frozen cannabis plant, make sure that they are covered but not creating a pool.
- Once you have already poured the alcohol gently incorporate the mixture by stirring it. Then place the mixture in a bowl while filtering it with a sieve and coffee filters.
- Squeeze out all the juices from the filters and remaining cannabis plants to ensure that nothing is wasted and all the good stuff is extracted.
- Use your hairdryer to help in the evaporation process of the mixture; make sure you use the low hot setting. Do this until there is no liquid left, and you will end up with yellow-colored wax.
- Since all the alcohol has evaporated, you may now scrape all the wax that you can see in the bowl and store it for your future use.
So that’s all you need on how to make dabs at home, it’s as easy as pie. By doing these methods, you can ensure that you have safe and clean dabs every time. You do not need to worry anymore about the purity of your product as well as spending a lot of money just to buy it. Most of all, you can release your type of geekiness.